Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back in Naples
















I bid Ft. Myer's farewell last night and spent the night on the boat here in Naples. It felt good to be back at my floating home and to see Cap't Roy again. He has gone down to Key West today to pick up Yvonne and her kayak and the plan is to head out tomorrow. I have how to both believe that things will go as planned, yet not get attached to if they really do. Naples is a nice place and I have already scoped out some good places to visit, should our departure be delayed. They have a wildlife rescue here, some nice shopping, a yoga studio, and some great little coffee shops.

Today visited nearly every pawn and thrift shop in town looking for a deal on a wet suit. None were found but I picked up two movies, a straw hat, a bag for $5 bucks and almost bought a bong and seriously wanted to buy a set of beautiful congo drums. I was surprised to see so many drums, is it just Florida or do lots of pawn shops in Texas have drums? I passed on the drums knowing there was no way to get those suckers home with me and ended up getting a brand new wet suit that cost more then I wanted to spend....so I sang "Happy Birthday to me....." to make myself feel better. My 29th b-day in 5 days....wonder where I will be. Hopefully on the water. Spring Break is happening here......I had the pleasure of watching a "Booty Shaking Contest" on the beach yesterday....some of those girls should be professionals, they sure could shake it!

That's about all for now....if you don't hear from me for a while, that means we are sailing!!!! The first stop is the Dry Tortugas, which is known for its amazing diving.

Lots of love to all!

The first "Last Night" in Ft. Myer's



BELOW:Roy's family (Shelly & Ryan) and Yvonne



Arm-balances can be good party tricks!


No comments:

Post a Comment