Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Renewal of Spirits





Today I spent the morning at the beach and finally made it to the cozy little coffee shop that I pass by on the many errands I have been running. This was actually my first time to enjoy the beach and it was much needed. I let the rhythmic sound of the waves, chatter of the seagulls, warm sunshine and the fluffy white sand between my toes renew my spirits. I feel like I just re-booted my computer.
My computer needed to be re-booted because some discouragement arose over the last two days. This experience has unfolded wonderfully and I have enjoyed being a part of a great project. However, the process of refurbishing a boat can be frustrating. To add to that I had my wallet stolen right out from under me at the laundry mat two days ago. I literally turned around to put the clothes in the dryer and the sneaky little booger nicked it right out of my bag. That whole day went down the tubes because it was dedicated to cancelling credit cards, ordering a new PADI card, and two trips to the sheriff's station. I find it very funny how the automated customer service lines all ask you for your credit card number after you chose the option for "Reporting Stolen or Lost Credit Cards" and how the Sheriff's station wants you to show your divers license to pick up a police report for a stolen wallet that contained your diver license. Needless to say, it was a frustrating day that called for a lot of deep breathing and some good music to remind me that I have the power to change my attitude.
The contrast of the difficult days to my state of mind before and after re-confirms the belief that there must always be contraction if there is expansion, darkness where there is light, and sorrow where there is joy. In any given situation we have the choice of how we would like to respond to what life feeds us and it is amazing to witness how a change in our attitude can transform a situation.
I have also witnessed some breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. I am blessed to watch it rise from the deck of the boat and set over the beach. Below are some great shots.
I am in hopes that the next update will be celebrating the completion of the boat and the beginning of the sailing adventure.
Love, Kristen












































1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those ARE amazing sunsets! I just read your last two blogs, so I will comment on them together. It seems so perfect that you are sticking it out on Cap't Roy's boat. The repair work seems tedious, but I'm sure you're learning a ton! It'll be all that much more meaningful once you get the boat up to par and head south. You rock!

    ReplyDelete